Thursday 28 March 2013

Disclaimer

I've been trying to say the following in every post so far but it hasn't happened. And so a whole post of its own is required.

I don't have depression. A and I are both quite agreed on this. I do have big anxiety problems and I do, on some days, have overwhelming, crippling, prompted by nothing, out of control sadness. But it isn't depression and I don't want to minimise what other people go through with depression by claiming that it is. As already said, I get a break, a really big break often, from the sadness. And that amongst other things makes us quite sure that this is not depression. Just depression is an easy shorthand within our context to say "today was one of the sad days. I couldn't do anything much other than cry a lot. It was horrible". So to be clear from here on, if I want to talk about this side of things on here, I will call it Sadness. Then you'll know what I mean. Or at least what I don't mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment