Tuesday 20 August 2013

A Weird Thing

(A bit more back on topic)

So. I decided that during the summer holidays I would take a two week block and do nothing I found stressful. It took a bit of careful engineering in places to avoid places I find difficult or journeys I find difficult or...but I did, as much as possible while dealing with G and E, none of the things that unnecessarily stress me.

And the effect? Mucho mucho anxiety. Ridiculous levels. By the penultimate day, I was an absolute wreck, completely terrified of a drive home that I know well.

Conclusion? It isn't good to be always in my comfort zone. A and I have discussed this back and forth for much of the past weekend. There are several almost opposite arguments we keep putting forth about what to do about it, new challenges, different challenges, counselling, exercise, study...

No decisions yet. But the basic conclusion was stark, interesting and a starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment